More and more people choose to eliminate meat from their usual diet. Among other reasons, for not being sure of what it is wearing or how it has been made. If you are considering this possibility, the best meatless fitness recipes may help you take the definitive step towards your new diet.
The best fitness meat free recipes
Among the best fitness recipes without meat you will find everything and everything good. And it is to take care of you, it is not at odds with maintaining a healthy and balanced diet. In fact, far from what many people think, some of the vegetarian fitness recipes allow you to gain muscle mass.
If you have just taken the step to the best meatless fitness recipes, tuna can become your great ally. A tasty fish, with a lot of meat and with spectacular properties. In addition, its preparation is simple, fast and the result will make you want to repeat the next day.
- 4 tuna loins
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- Virgin olive oil
How to make grilled tuna step by step
Step 1 – in a bowl, add the chopped parsley and the garlic cloves, cut into very small pieces. We cover them completely with oil and pour the lemon juice on top, mixing everything very well with a fork. Let the mixture sit and the flavors and smells blend for at least 15 minutes.
Step 2 – meanwhile, we are preparing the fish. Take the tuna fillets and sprinkle them with salt and pepper on both sides. As you do it, add them to a griddle over high heat and with a jet of oil. Let it cook for two minutes on each side and remove them directly to the plate.
Step 3 – before serving, top with the dressing that we made before with the lemon juice, completely covering the tuna loin. Accompany it with a salad on the side to make it more attractive.
Spaghetti al pesto
If you’ve ever wondered what the famous green pesto sauce in italy was made of, you’re about to find out. It is a powerful sauce, not suitable for all palates but that is among the best meatless fitness recipes. This is how you make spaghetti pesto.
- 500 grams of spaghetti
- 200 grams of basil
- 375 grams of parmesan cheese
- 125 grams of pine nuts or almonds
- 250 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
How to make spaghetti pesto step by step
- Step 1 – the first step involves cooking the pasta. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add a generous handful of salt. When you add the spaghetti, remember to move them regularly so that they do not stick, especially when cooking begins.
- Step 2 – in the bowl of the mixer add the parmesan cheese, the basil, the garlic, the pine nuts (or almonds) and the olive oil. We beat it until we obtain a homogeneous green sauce. Yes, the green is from the basil.
- Step 3 – we reserve the sauce in a large container and remove the spaghetti when they are al dente (see the manufacturer’s cooking tips), although we reserve a quarter of the cooking water. The rest of the water can be removed.
- Step 4 – we put the spaghetti in the container that was the salt and add the water that was left over from cooking. This water will make the sauce smoother and creamier, as well as helping the pasta to bind with the sauce. To achieve this, we stir with the fork until all the spaghetti has absorbed all the pesto sauce. And ready to serve.