During our stay at home after the pandemic, many of us made it a goal to improve ourselves in different areas. Some of us chose meditation to return to ourselves, while others chose to add movement to our lives and start sports.
Among those who started sports, the percentage of those who choose bodybuilding is quite high. If you are one of those who decide to bodybuilding, this is our content for you! We have put together what you need to know before starting bodybuilding exercises.
In fact, bodybuilding is one of the sports you can do at home, so it is ideal for this period when we need to pay attention to our social distance. However, as with any sport, it is a sport that can be harmful as well as bodybuilding benefits. That’s why it is very important to practice the right bodybuilding techniques. Let’s see what you need to know about bodybuilding, starting with the answer to the question of what is bodybuilding!
What is Bodybuilding?
Bodybuilding is a sport that is aimed at body shaping, mostly by lifting weights and feeding in a way that supports the increase in muscle mass. The history of bodybuilding sports, known as “body building”, goes back to the 11th century, to the surprise of many of us. Bodybuilding sport, which is considered to have emerged in India, was accepted as a sport preferred by people not for muscle building at that time, but for increasing strength. The first modern bodybuilding competitions took place in England in the early 1900s.
The interest of the public in this sport increased gradually in the 1970s, and in 1991, with the establishment of the Turkish Bodybuilding Federation, the number of people engaged in this sport professionally in our country increased.
Benefits of Bodybuilding
Before moving on to the benefits of bodybuilding, we should not forget that any unconscious exercise can do more harm than good. Before starting intense bodybuilding exercises and applying bodybuilding nutrition, you should definitely consult experts and create a personal roadmap. So what are the benefits of bodybuilding?
- It strengthens your bones and reduces the risk of diseases such as osteoporosis.
- Allows many muscle groups to work at the same time and strengthens your muscles.
- It helps you to have a better posture.
- It has increasing effects on balance and concentration.
- When done in a balanced and gentle way, lifting weights is very beneficial for your heart and lungs. It increases your liver capacity. However, lifting as much weight as your body weight can be harmful to your heart.
- Thanks to bodybuilding training, your stress level decreases as you secrete serotonin.
- Bodybuilding is a motivational activity and you can feel happier after training.
- It can increase your self-confidence as it helps you achieve the physical appearance you want.
- If you are doing it during weight loss, it prevents muscle loss when done with a proper diet.