Fruit and vegetables instead of chips and sweets, lots of vitamins and protein, little fat and sugar: some basic rules for a healthy diet are well known to everyone. However, there are tons of other nutrition tips to help you lose weight in a really healthy way.
Rules for a wholesome diet
The German Nutrition Society (DGE) gives important tips on healthy nutrition that are not only suitable for losing weight, but also for a healthy lifestyle.
With a full-fledged diet, the body receives sufficient, but not too much, energy and all essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, fiber and secondary plant substances.
- Eat varied and choose mainly plant-based foods.
- Eat at least three servings of vegetables and two servings of fruit a day.
- For bread, pasta, rice and flour, opt for the whole grain variants.
- You should eat milk and dairy products once a day.
- Fish should be served once or twice a week.
- If you eat meat, you shouldn’t eat more than 300 to 600 grams of meat per week.
- Prefer vegetable oils – and spreads made from them.
- Avoid hidden fats in processed foods like sausage, pastries, confectionery, fast food, or finished products.
- Save sugar and salt by, for example, drinking unsweetened drinks and seasoning them with herbs and spices – not just salt.
- Drink around 1.5 liters of water every day and avoid sweetened drinks and alcohol.
- Cook food as long as necessary and as short as possible, with little water and little fat.
- Take your time eating and eat consciously.
Healthy Eating Recipes
Many people know how to eat healthier in principle, but they lack the creativity to cook. There are countless dishes that can be easily prepared healthily from lean meat, vegetables and fresh herbs.
A good example is oven vegetables. Potatoes, zucchini, peppers or aborigines are perfect to prepare in the oven with a few spices. You can also serve herbal quark or other healthy dips. There are hardly any limits to your creativity.