I follow all the rules of Dukan Diet, but not losing weight! Familiar phrase, is not it? Even if you think that eating right and exercise, you think you’re missing something, is not enough of magical piece of the puzzle that will make those extra pounds melt. Alas, the magic does not happen. However, there are several reasons why your efforts are futile.
1. Not enough protein. As you know, the protein – a building material for muscles. The body uses a lot of energy to break down and digest it. Adhering to high-protein diet, you increase your metabolism because the body has to work overtime to break down protein. Moreover, a protein – amino acids is necessary for building and muscle repair. So make sure you eat enough protein, especially protein and vegetable days.
2. Medications can cause water retention, even OTC drugs such as Advil, naproxen, Claritin and Tylenol. Ask your doctor about the side effects – such as weight gain – from medicines that you take. Note that drugs for mental disorders along with heart medications generally cause an increase in weight.
3. Long-term cardio workout replace interval. The best way to quickly burning of fat – high-intensity training interval. During this training burn a fair amount of calories. Furthermore, due to the burst continue metabolism calories burned and after exercise, for the next 24-48 hours.
4. Sodium. Do not forget that in the seasonings and even protein foods contain sodium. For example, mustard, hot sauce, wassail, soy sauce, deli meats and smoked salmon. Salt in the body can hold up to 2 liters of water! Limit your intake of foods with high sodium content, especially if you are prone to edema.
5. Environmental toxins. Check your house for the presence of environmental toxins. Removes you from using strong detergents, which are harmful to the environment? If so, keep in mind that they all contain toxins or chemicals that we breathe; causing our liver is working overtime, resulting in stagnation. Replace all aggressive detergents for safe and environmentally.
6. The hormone estrogen also affects metabolism. Some women believed that estrogen increases the weight, which is not quite true. However, it is understandable why women hold this view. The fact that one of the side effects of hormone replacement therapy is to increase the weight. In fact, it is estrogen deficiency leads to weight gain, as well as causes cravings for carbohydrates.
7. Biphenyl-A is best known endocrine disruptors. Biphenyl-A is often used in the production of packaging for food products. Select package products not containing biphenyl A or products in glass containers to avoid potential weight gain due to the substance.
8. Artificial sweeteners. In 2008, a study was conducted, the results of which have stunned scientists. Found that people who drank artificially sweetened beverages, for 8 years gained 47% more weight than those who avoid sugar substitutes. Reduce calorie intake, not limiting themselves to sweets! Eat natural sweeteners – stevia, Luo Han, and so on.
9. Skipping meals. If there is not enough, your body can go into starvation mode, slowing metabolism. Make sure you eat at least 1200 calories a day.
10. Restaurants. If you rarely cook at home and prefer to go to restaurants, hidden calories and excess salt quickly add to you a couple of extra pounds! Some restaurants and food stalls marinated chicken breast with a lot of salt or oil is added during cooking of meat or fish on the grill. So do not hesitate to ask to you to prepare meals without unnecessary additives – salt, oil, and so on. D.