Weight lose and diet fact that we are considered to be true a few years ago, now that scientists view can change radically. Besides, every now and then tracks all new factors affecting the weight and the ability to lose weight. Now many scientists are looking for new ways to the relationship of weight to genetics, pregnancy, and various chemical processes in the body.
1. It really genetics. When scientists first discovered the gene responsible for predisposition to obesity and diabetes type 2, and they called it – “obesity gene» (FTO). People who inherit the gene are usually overweight .
People who inherit a double copy of the gene from both parents, the likelihood of developing diabetes was 40%, and the likelihood of obesity – 60%. Approximately 16% of the population have a double set of obesity gene, and half of us has a single gene.
But now scientists believe that genes that affect weight, much more – more than 100. They are less affected by weight, than the main obesity gene FTO, but, nevertheless, is added here and there once kilogrammchik.
But predisposition does not mean life sentence. Regular exercise and a healthy diet is much lower risk of obesity even in genetically susceptible individuals.
2. Some people just have more fat cells. And sometimes the difference is huge – some people can be 2 times more fat cells than others. And even if you lose weight, the number of fat cells you will remain the same. The empty and hungry, they will wait in the wings in your body and the “hope” that one day they will fill the newly fat. But as if that was not enough for injustice – in people with excess weight, the fat cells are able to accumulate more fat!
Where did all this come from in the body fat cells? They are formed in childhood and adulthood are no longer around to be done. People with excess fat cells before they begin to form (since the age of two) and, apparently, are made more quickly than the lucky ones with a bit of fat cells. Although you can not control the number of fat cells (this is probably also genetics), you can not overfeed them. It is important not so much the number of fat cells, as their size and ability to store fat.
3. Your mother’s pregnancy predetermined your destiny. Not only smoking or alcohol adversely affect the development of the embryo. Sweet and fatty food starts to harm you before you were born. In pregnant women, overweight, loving sweet and fatty foods, the embryo receives more glucose and free fatty acids, compared with women of normal weight. This surplus affects the metabolism and the hormonal system of the child.
4. You can change your metabolism. Metabolism determines how easy or difficult for you to burn calories and fat. But slow metabolism can still accelerate. It is easiest to speed up the metabolism with regular physical activity, especially weight training. Muscle burns more calories than fat mass. Moreover, after a workout metabolism is accelerated a couple of hours. In order not to slow down the metabolism, not starve over 4 hours.
5. Adds stress to you the extra pounds. stress – is the most direct path to that found in the mouth chocolate. Stressful circumstances (a scolding from the boss, a quarrel with her mother in law, a bad score for the child blockhead) make you want food rich in carbohydrates, which is able to calm your nerves. If you give in to this mechanism regularly, it will operate in the opposite direction – no favorite chocolate will lead to the development of stress hormones.
6. Sleep more – quickly lose weight. If you sleep less than 7-8 hours, then, trying to lose weight, do not hurry to go on a diet or to run to the gym. It is better to lie down and get some sleep. Lack of sleep leads to weight gain and a feeling of hunger. This happens because a lack of sleep – it’s the same stress that disturbs the hormonal balance, causing the body to produce less leptin (the hormone responsible for satiety) and more ghrelin (the hormone responsible for hunger). As a result, people feel constantly hungry, without a good reason.
7. The virus causes obesity. Sneezes? Wait the extra pounds. Adenoviruses that cause SARS , it appears, can cause obesity. According to recent studies, adenovirus can increase the number of fat cells in the body, and contained in them fat. It has been found that people with obesity amount of antibodies to adenovirus-36 (one of the types of adenoviruses) than in people with normal weight. So soon, perhaps, there will be vaccinated against the virus of obesity. It sounds too fantastic? But a few years ago just sounded fantastic vaccine against cervical cancer, and now it is an absolute reality.
8. Chocolate is addictive. Lovers of chocolate at a coveted food excited the same parts of the brain that in alcoholics with a bottle of liquor. And it can be not only chocolate , but any other favorite food: chips, for example, cola or ice cream. This may be related to dopamine, a hormone binding motivation with pleasure. In less fat receptors of dopamine, so to enjoy your favorite foods, it needs to eat more. Behavior “produktomanov” too often resembles the behavior of drug users: a strong desire to eat favorite foods and the inability to give it up, even at the time, stress relief and pleasure in the process of consumption, feelings of guilt and often secrecy, concealment of their dependence on others. Recent studies have revealed the similarity of chemical processes occurring in the brains of addicts and “overproduction” – a fact which attracted attention of the World Health Organization. So, it’s not just a lack of self-discipline “gluttons,” as is commonly believed.
9. Ear infections can affect your taste. Those who are sickly childhood ear infections usually have a reduced sensitivity of taste receptors, because a particular infection damaged nerve that passes through the middle ear. So hard for people to grasp the nuances between flavors, they always want to diversify their menu, and to satisfy their “sweet tooth”, as the Americans say, they need to eat more sweets. As a result, those who have a child often hurt your ears, two times more likely to have weight. Because, as you know, the nerves can not be restored, the output is to be aware of their weaknesses and to control themselves, try to eat slowly and enjoy every bite, replace fatty and sugary foods less nutritious. So, replace the fruit candy, and olive oil – butter.
10. Antioxidants act as a antizhiry. Free radicals are now blamed not only in the fact that they lead to premature aging, but also in the fact that they contribute to obesity. Antioxidants, such as vitamin C, fight free radicals, delaying aging and obesity, and help burn fat more quickly in the body. The best way to get into the more antioxidants – to abandon the fast food and empty food and lean on fruits and vegetables.