The bread, made exclusively of flour, water and salt, contains no excessive nutrient whose consumption is associated with an increased risk in the development of so-called Western diseases (obesity, high cholesterol, cardiovascular disease …), related in large part to the excessive consumption of sugar and saturated fats (animal).
Recognize the true whole wheat bread
If you intend to buy authentic wheat bread we look at certain aspects in order to differentiate it from so consumed bran bread, which is artificially added fragments of bran to white flour. This bread is made from grain that does not contain the germ, the richest in vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids. Higher quality is nutritious than
white bread, but of lower quality than real bread.
In bread, rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals depends on the degree of extraction of flour and of itself is enriched bread dough during the development process in these substances. Whole wheat bread gives these substances as much as the cereal grain cover keeps failing undergone a refining process. In addition…
- Its odor is strong and a little sour, but pleasant.
- Its bark is thick, dark, protects and prolongs the crumb conservation.
- His brown crumb is more or less dark and fairly uniform.
- If the dough has been fermented with natural yeast, bran hardly distinguishable because it softens the fermentation. If integers are saved fragments, possibly because they have been artificially added to white flour to produce a fake bread wheat bread or bran. Her eyes are of unequal size, in industrial breads, are much more uniform.
The bread, staple food
Whole wheat bread is a very complete choice for every day and is especially recommended for:
- Those who follow diets: The fiber produces satiety as it captures water, swells and slows the emptying time of the stomach, reducing hunger pangs between meals and helps to reduce the intake of other foods.
- Diabetics: The fiber helps regulate blood sugar levels by slowing and progressive step of glucose into the blood.
- Those who suffer from constipation: The fiber considerably accelerates intestinal transit to increase stool bulk.
However, the introduction of bread in the diet must be done gradually to avoid intestinal discomfort.