Cholesterol is a lipid which is found in body tissues and blood, is especially concentrated in the liver and pancreas. The body must have a lot of cholesterol, but the problem arises when the amount of cholesterol exceeds normal proportions that the body needs.
The excessive level of cholesterol in the body can cause cardiovascular disease and stroke, so it is important to maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
Cholesterol is produced by the liver, but good amount comes from the food we eat. It can also be caused by liver cirrhosis, thyroid disorder or hereditary form.
Here are some home remedies to control cholesterol
- One of the most recommended is swallow a clove of garlic match fasting.
- Eating an apple before breakfast.
- Eat vegetables that grandmothers used in their foods like broccoli, onion, dandelion, raw carrots, oats, spinach, grapefruit, alfalfa, almonds, walnuts, pollen and olive oil .
- Drinking orange juice with a few drops of olive oil on an empty stomach.
- Take pineapple juice before and after meals for one week each month.
- We should avoid saturated fats, i.e., avoid foods such as beef and pork meat, butter, cheese, butter and skimmed milk is not.
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables.
- Managing stress and tension, practice relaxation exercises.
- Take walks.
- Eliminate smoking.