A person makes a triglyceride lowering diet often lose weight, because it reduces the fat and sugar consumption. The key to reduce triglycerides without weight loss,
is in the selection of foods. Choose:
• Dairy: Creamed.
• Egg: Whole no more than 3 units a week. You can eat egg whites every day, so you can add it to different preparations like mashed potatoes, puddings, soufflés, soups, etc..
• Meat: Mainly fish, skinless chicken and lean beef visible.
• Vegetables: All, preferably raw, if you eat cooked add white sauce dietary fat cheese, a teaspoon of brewer’s yeast, wheat germ, etc.. These additions increase the caloric value of the plant without increasing fat content.
• Fruits: Like vegetables, preferably raw consumption. If you eat them cooked, add sweet dietary or low fat cheese.
• Dried fruits: Foods that help lower triglycerides but naturally high in unsaturated fats and a good caloric intake. Within this group we can mention nuts, peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, etc.
• Cereals: preferably consume grains. To increase your caloric density can add low-fat cheese, oil, dietary white sauce, homemade tomato sauce, etc.. Avoid consumption of biscuits, rolls, kneaded cakes, etc., as these foods may contain trans fats.
• Vegetables: They are very useful because they contain nutrients that help lower triglycerides but high caloric value.
• Oil: Corn, grapes, sunflower, olive, canola. Vegetable oils contain virtually the same calories as other fats like butter or margarine but are healthier. Avoid fried cooking.
• Drinks: If you usually drink wine that is red and no more than 2 drinks per day. Drink 2 liters of water per day, fruit juices, smoothies, teas, diet sodas.
• Instead choose sugar sweetening or royal jelly.
If you want to increase the caloric value to your meals without increasing the amount of fat and carbohydrates, you can add: Brewer’s yeast, soy lecithin, wheat germ, oats, bran, low fat cheeses, sauces dietary Royal Jelly as a replacement for sugar, Pollen.