Food is necessary when suffering from illness, and that a proper diet can help us to tolerate it better and prevent new diseases.
The liver is the large scrubber body and is essential for any metabolic process. It is the largest gland in the body and the hardest working, as it holds more than 500 tasks, of which at least 22 are vital for the proper functioning of the body.
When the liver is loaded from overwork (poor nutrition, toxic substances, etc.) the whole body suffers. In general, a diet without alcohol, fats and sugars, it is essential to keep this vital organ healthy and at full capacity.
Those who suffer from liver problems should pay close attention to food. Here we tell which foods are recommended and which are totally discouraged when you have a liver condition. Take note of what to include diet for the liver!
• Raw fruits and vegetables or juices rich in vitamin C (citrus fruits, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, cabbage, parsley, carrots, peppers …)
• Carbohydrate compounds such as those from whole grains (wheat, oats, whole meal bread, potatoes), vegetables and fruits (especially grapes), for the liver to increase its sugar reserves.
• White fish grilled or steamed
• wakame seaweed and spirulina for its richness in vitamin B12
• Lean meats grilled, baked or steamed nonfat.
• Foods rich in folate such as orange vegetables and dark green (carrots, tomatoes, chard), avocado, rye bread and yeast.
• Fish oil, rich in vitamin K.
• Virgin olive oil, as long as oil and salad dressing and vegetables.
• Salad radishes, celery, lettuce, dandelion, parsley, raw onion, red pepper
Foods to consume in moderation
• Eggs (not fried) and sauces or desserts that contain (mayonnaise, custard, flan …). At most it can be consumed 1 or 2 boiled eggs, a week.
• Saturated fat from animal or vegetable.
• Whole Milk (skim well).
• Coffee, cocoa and other beverages exciting.
• Sweets, cakes and sugary foods.
• Refined flour (pastries, white bread, candy industry, pizzas)
• Nuts, almonds, hazelnuts, olives, butter, lard, oil and high fat cheeses
• Fatty fish
• little ripe or green fruit
• Cabbage, cauliflower, peas, spinach, sorrel and tomatoes.
Foods should not be eaten
• Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks and coffee.
• Cooked fatty and spicy foods.
• Fried and fatty sauces.
• strong spices, especially pepper, clove, mustard and vinegar.
• Game meat.
• Delicatessen and cured meats in general.
• churros, donuts, croissants.